Collectively, financial bloggers can provide valuable, actionable information to investors. Providing this information benefits a blogger’s desire to contribute useful opinions and develop a profitable business. Stock Blog Hub provides the following suggestions to help our fellow financial bloggers get their blogs more readers.
1. Blogs have become a major news source: Major portals and news websites are collecting news from bloggers. Investing blogs are ahead of the curve here. Stock Blog Hub will leverage this trend by forming a vital congregation of investing opinion and make this content available for syndication to major financial portals and websites. Citizen media is entering the mainstream. See this trend is action:
2. Submit your RSS feed to RSS-specific directories. You can use commercially available submission software to make the task a bit easier. However, nothing will replace the “hand jamming” effort of working it one at a time. Submission software. Also submit your blog to investing / financial blog directories.
3. Spread the word about your feed. Use Feedburner headline animator. Also use Buzzboost. Use Feedburner to spread your RSS feed and provide for email distribution of your posts. There is a lot of traffic these days and you need a way for your readers to receive your content in a way that stands out from all the other media clutter.
4. Social Network Tagging. These tags allow readers to bookmark your post and provide for aggregation of positive opinion of your post. Depending on the support arising, this can cause significant traffic to your blog. We use these tools for exposure of Stock Blog Hub. This can enhance traffic to posts our content partners contribute. Our favorite.
5. Technorati Tags: Claim your blog on Technorati: Use tags, categories, or labels features of your blog software. Technorati and others will pick these up from your RSS feed and search engine crawl. Search engine crawling through the tags could also help search engines find their way around more pages—useful since some blog software does not provide for sitemaps.
Claim your blog.
6. Repurpose RSS feeds: This is a new concept that hacks the currently free online tools for RSS feeds. We did speak with the Feedburner technical staff via email and they are looking into developing this capability as its own feature. Traffic to your site depends on a lot of inbound links. We encourage websites to “repurpose” Stock Blog Hub’s (or others, with permission) RSS feeds and make them available to other blogs and websites. The repurpose causes the title and hotlink to be changed to your blog, but the feed content remain unchanged. We both benefit. You can also send these feeds to other sites to repurpose yet again. This can continue to spread exponentially infinitely. How to do it: Enter current feed into Feedshake. Enter the title of your blog with a link to it. Create new feed. Then go to Feedburner and re-burn this new feed from Feedshake so that the server at Feedshake doesn’t get burned up. Enter this new feed into the RSS directories as explained in #2 above and distribute to other sites to display, earning you SEO links.
7. Search Engine Optimization. Your quality content and inbound links to your blog raise your position on the search engine results pages. Each article you post on Stock Blog Hub has your blog name and a link to your blog. Exposure to new investing bloggers makes your posts available for them to reference and link to. RSS syndication and tagging will direct enormous traffic through Stock Blog Hub, providing you a great referrals and credibility in the industry. Stock Blog Hub is updated constantly, giving us the freshness component in search engines as well as a large number of articles and searchability providing the same benefits as an article directory:
8. Use Google Analytics. This free tool is incredibly useful to Stock Blog Hub. We learn where our visitors come from, where they go and how long they stay. We are able to set goals and see who clicks on ads, and who signs up for our Vital Stocks Newsletter. This allows us to see where to place our marketing dollars so that we get the best return on our investment and Stock Blog Hub generates the most traffic possible for us and ultimately, your blog. This is a great free tool.
9. Compile genuine, essential, and useful information and advice for fellow investing bloggers (as we have on this page) and make this information readily available to them. Make a list of top ten features. Social book marking readers love useful, genuine lists. Try something different and make this information available to marketing and blogger advice blogs.
10. Make YouTube videos narrating your blog posts and stock picks. This gives a personal touch. Funny or serious, people enjoy the added dimension of video. As free online video / audio sites continue to grow and be a success, free podcast downloads are another way to spread the word. Professional business people may wish to listen to your articles on the commute rather than read them. This can help your overall publicity and credibility as well as availability. Introduce yourself to your readers with free online video.
11. Add RSS feed autodiscovery to your website / blog. This allows visitors to see the RSS symbol and easily click to add your feed to their RSS reader. You will gain more subscribers by not making them dig for it. Here are instructions on how to implement this. Be sure to use the correct code for your respective blogging platform.
12. Duplicate content concerns — As Google themselves explain here, articles syndicated with a link back to the original article should not be a problem.